Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My son's glasses don't slip down his nose anymore


Jed is no longer bullied and he has a girlfriend now. All thanks to Keepons eyeglass retainers. Perhaps I should rewind a bit. My name is Pam and my son is Jed. He’s in grade 10 in high school. I worry about him or at least I used to. He’s so introverted and he gets picked on. Or at least he used to. He needed glasses in grade 7 and since then he’s been even more withdrawn. But he was always pushing up his eyeglasses and frankly even though I’m his mom, I think he looks kind of nerdy. So I asked my coworkers how I could stop his glasses from slipping. Some people suggested I get him some eyeglass straps, but I was against it. The thought of the straps and how they would make him look even more dorkier sent shudders down my spine. Then Kathleen who works in Planning took off her glasses and showed me this attachment she had on both of her temples. They were small and transparent and hooked around her ears.

What is that? I asked. And more importantly where did you get them?

She said, oh these are called Keepons, cause they keep on your glasses, get it?

I giggled. Kathleen is such a delightful person.

I got them online at a site called chamightlike.com, and they cost me $6.

Wow, that’s it?

Yeah.

How much for shipping?

It’s included, free shipping with tracking number all around the world.

That’s amazing!!!

So I went back to my desk and I know I should have been phoning customers, but I spent two minutes ordering from chamightlike.com. It was really easy.

Then in about 2 weeks they arrived and I helped Jed put them on. You just twist the retainers on the temple tips.

The next day, he came home as happy as a birthday. He said, that he has a girlfriend now, Trisha. She sits next to him in class. Also the boy in class who picks on him found someone else because Jed’s glasses don’t slip down his nose anymore. Although I don’t know how comfortable I am with Jed having a girlfriend, I like that he’s more outgoing now, now that he has Keepons.

No comments:

Post a Comment