Sunday, March 11, 2012

Keepons eyeglass retainers and Yoga


What I love about Bikram Yoga is sweating. I know that sounds obvious but I mean the psychological aspect of it. After a class I feel unburdened like all the bad things, guilt, anxiety, worry, bitterness, anger, resentment, everything toxic to my mind and body has just been flushed out which is a great feeling.

I can literally wrench the sweat from my clothes like I had just dipped them in a basin of water. I think more than anything, after every class I feel reborn and so that’s why I go to Yoga every day.

From the first “Namaste” I am immersed in a warm (well more like hot) world of kindness and loving and intention and I know this may sound funny, but it feels like I’m in a womb. And sometimes it gets so hot that I want to faint but I never ever ever leave that room because despite the heat I feel such genuine well-being from myself, those of my classmates, and from the instructor in the front of the class.

The only problem really is that if I don’t wear my glasses while I am practicing I can’t see. I mean it’s ok because I know the poses already but when you can’t see you feel disconnected, so I have to wear my eyeglasses when I do yoga but with all that sweat, my glasses keep falling down my nose and that’s just as bad as not wearing them. Sometimes I’ll be doing Downward Dog pose and then clunk, my glasses fall to the ground and I am so embarrassed because I know I am disrupting my classmates whom I consider like brothers and sister.

Then the other day while I was surfing the web I saw a tweet that suggested there was a way to stop falling glasses so immediately I clicked on it and behold – Keepons eyeglasses retainers. They look like these two pieces of…rubber, well silicone actually with this empty middle through it like a highway and this is where you eyeglasses temple tips thread through and then these Keepons hook over your ears in the most gentle way and this stops your glasses from moving, slipping, falling…I am so happy now that I have Keepons.

No comments:

Post a Comment