Friday, March 9, 2012

Friends telling friends about Keepons eyeglass retainers


I went over to my friend’s house for dinner last night. I’ve known Jennifer since we were in high school. Anita, Jennifer’s daughter looked really happy. I said, “what is it Sweetie? Did mom buy you something really nice?”

Anita nodded her head.

“Is it new books?” I asked, since Anita loved reading.

“Better,” she said with a sly smile.

“Better than books!” I exclaimed with true astonishment, there was nothing she liked better than books, except for, I turned to Jennifer in shock.

“You got her a pony!!!!”

Both mother and daughter burst out in tears amidst laughter.

“No Auntie Daphe,” said Anita as she took off her glasses for me to see.

On the arms of her glasses were attached what looked like transparent pieces of erasers.

“What. Is. That???”

“They’re called Keepons eyeglasses retainers, Aunty Daphe. Mom got them for me because the kids used to make fun of me because my glasses used to always fall down my nose. Billy always pushes me and says I’m a dork.”

“Well see her, you tell Billy that if he keeps that up, your Aunt Daphne is going to go over there and give him a knuckle sandwich!”

“Hahahahahah it’s ok, he won’t be pushing me anymore because my glasses don’t slip down my face anymore. Keepons did the trick.”

“Lemme see what you got there, pumpkin.”

I looked closely at Anita’s glasses and saw that the Keepons were attachments with a hollow middle. The temples threaded through the hollow middle. Then the Keepons hooked over Anita’s ears to stop them from slipping.

“How much these cost?”

“Six bucks all the way from Hong Kong, included free international shipping and tracking number,” said Jennifer.

“Hey my boss’s kids have the same problem, what’s the website address?”
“chamightlike.com”.

“Thanks, although I think they’re not as cool as a new pony,” I suggested.

We had huge giggles for the next 30 minutes then apple pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment